Posted on 04/20/2012 by Juan Cole
Welcome to Informed Comment, where I do my best to provide an independent and informed perspective on Middle Eastern and American politics.
Informed Comment is made possible by your support. If you value the information and essays, I make available and write here, please take a moment to contribute what you can.
Keep up with Informed Comment at:
Donate to Global Americana InstituteDonate to the Global Americana Institute to support the translation into Arabic of books about America.
Friends and Interlocutors:Josh Marshall | Truthdig| The Nation | DailyKos |Tomdispatch.com | Michael Hudson (MEI Singapore) | Kevin Drum (Mother Jones) | Mondoweiss | Salon.com | Think Progress | Helena Cobban | Huffingtonpost |Syria Comment | Marc Lynch | WashingtonNote | Stephen Walt | Kamil Pasha | Andrew Sullivan | George Packer | Glenn Greenwald | Read between the Lines. | Nir Rosen Napoleon's Egypt Blog
- PBS and the Koch Brother Scandal (plus “Koch Brothers Exposed”)
- Israel, Syria, Trade Fire, Threats in Golan Heights
- Revenge of the Bear: Russia Strikes Back in Syria (Cole @ Truthdig)
- How America Became a Third World Country (Kramer & Comerford)
- America’s ‘Mission Accomplished’ Legacy to Iraq: Sectarian Violence Mounts with 95 Dead
- Russia’s Lavrov on Solving Syria through Diplomacy (Text of Interview)
- Storms and Extreme Weather: The Impact of Climate Change (Videos)
- Pakistan, Islam and Democracy
- Israel, Syria, Trade Fire, Threats in Golan Heights (2)
- PBS and the Koch Brother Scandal (plus “Koch Brothers Exposed”) (2)
- Charley James: David Koch is a major funder of one of PBS’ stellar shows, “Nature,” which is a sad...
- How America Became a Third World Country (Kramer & Comerford) (3)
- spyguy: The USA is actually two countries … ~75% of the population, living on less than 25% of the land, is...
- Revenge of the Bear: Russia Strikes Back in Syria (Cole @ Truthdig) (1)
- spyguy: Israel has reached the limits of their military and does not know what to do. Anyone that has read Sun...
- America’s ‘Mission Accomplished’ Legacy to Iraq: Sectarian Violence Mounts with 95 Dead (13)
- jonst: Thank you for that pedantic lecture….now, moving back to my question, do you think we can ask, politely,...