When you see some politicians reacting with outrage to a new law, ask yourself which firms face a loss of profits from it.
Posted on 07/03/2012 by Juan Cole
Welcome to Informed Comment, where I do my best to provide an independent and informed perspective on Middle Eastern and American politics.
Informed Comment is made possible by your support. If you value the information and essays, I make available and write here, please take a moment to contribute what you can.
Keep up with Informed Comment at:
Donate to Global Americana InstituteDonate to the Global Americana Institute to support the translation into Arabic of books about America.
Friends and Interlocutors:Josh Marshall | Truthdig| The Nation | DailyKos |Tomdispatch.com | Michael Hudson (MEI Singapore) | Kevin Drum (Mother Jones) | Mondoweiss | Salon.com | Think Progress | Helena Cobban | Huffingtonpost |Syria Comment | Marc Lynch | WashingtonNote | Stephen Walt | Kamil Pasha | Andrew Sullivan | George Packer | Glenn Greenwald | Read between the Lines. | Nir Rosen Napoleon's Egypt Blog
- Russia: Iran is ready to Cease Enriching Uranium to 20%
- 60% of Free Syria Army fighting for Islamic State: Channel 4 News
- Brazil Protests (In the Eye of the Storm Video)
- Why Cheney is the Traitor, and Why we Can’t Believe Obama on Safeguards (The Ultimate Clip of Gov’t Lies)
- Japan’s Feed-in Tariff Kicks off Explosive Renewables Growth (Video Report)
- Syria, NSA Spying, Popular Mobilization and History: Cole Interview in La Prensa (Ricky Martinez)
- PATRIOT Act Drafters worried about Library Privacy, had No Idea everyone’s Phone Records would be Dragooned (Elliott)
- Dubai: Solar-Powered Teardrop Building to Suck Water from Air
- 60% of Free Syria Army fighting for Islamic State: Channel 4 News (3)
- Why Cheney is the Traitor, and Why we Can’t Believe Obama on Safeguards (The Ultimate Clip of Gov’t Lies) (34)
- Syria, NSA Spying, Popular Mobilization and History: Cole Interview in La Prensa (Ricky Martinez) (7)
- Mark Koroi: “….no prosecutions were pursued after the 2008 financial crisis.” In actuality, I spent...
- Brazil Protests (In the Eye of the Storm Video) (3)
- Grumpy Old Man: Brazil has the makings of a civil society. It remains to be seen whether family ties and political...