Posted on 07/12/2012 by Juan Cole
Welcome to Informed Comment, where I do my best to provide an independent and informed perspective on Middle Eastern and American politics.
Informed Comment is made possible by your support. If you value the information and essays, I make available and write here, please take a moment to contribute what you can.
Keep up with Informed Comment at:
Donate to Global Americana InstituteDonate to the Global Americana Institute to support the translation into Arabic of books about America.
Friends and Interlocutors:Josh Marshall | Truthdig| The Nation | DailyKos |Tomdispatch.com | Michael Hudson (MEI Singapore) | Kevin Drum (Mother Jones) | Mondoweiss | Salon.com | Think Progress | Helena Cobban | Huffingtonpost |Syria Comment | Marc Lynch | WashingtonNote | Stephen Walt | Kamil Pasha | Andrew Sullivan | George Packer | Glenn Greenwald | Read between the Lines. | Nir Rosen Napoleon's Egypt Blog
- Syria, NSA Spying, Popular Mobilization and History: Cole Interview in La Prensa (Ricky Martinez)
- PATRIOT Act Drafters worried about Library Privacy, had No Idea everyone’s Phone Records would be Dragooned (Elliott)
- Dubai: Solar-Powered Teardrop Building to Suck Water from Air
- Egypt’s Morsi Calls for No-Fly Zone over Syria: A step toward regional Sunni-Shiite War?
- British Gov’t Spied on Diplomats at G20 (& on UN before Iraq War)
- Top 5 Temptations the Surveillance State Can’t Resist (Engelhardt)
- A Brief History of Typography (Animated Video)
- Obama Isolated at G8 on Arms for Syrian Rebels
- Dubai: Solar-Powered Teardrop Building to Suck Water from Air (5)
- Obama Isolated at G8 on Arms for Syrian Rebels (27)
- Erdogan Clears Gezi Park Protesters, sets Stage for Polarization (16)
- Kevin Mc: tonight, people were arrested for the crime of standing silently in Taksim Park. What else is there to say?...
- Egypt’s Morsi Calls for No-Fly Zone over Syria: A step toward regional Sunni-Shiite War? (13)
- JTMcPhee: So, smarty-pants, which faction is right?