1. The Cruz/Tea Party shut down of the US government cost the US economy $24 billion
2. As a result of the shutdown, fourth quarter growth will be only 2.4% instead of the expected 3%
3. 250,000 jobs will likely have been lost
4. Communist China took advantage of the crisis to push for a de-Americanized world
5. China renewed its push to dump the US dollar as the international reserve currency. That step would cost the US economy enormously.
6. The US ability to sanction Iran and Syria was weakened
7. Iran is now wondering if it can do a deal with Obama, given the gridlock in Congress
8. The shutdown helped the morale of the Taliban extremists fighting US troops and undermined the morale of American troops
9. The shutdown prevented President Obama from attending the summit in Indonesia of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) organization. Chinese President Xi Jinping took leadership of the summit instead. The US was prevented from showing leadership in the Pacific Rim.
10. America lost trust and soft power on the international scene.
Cruz and the Tea Party deeply harmed American law & values, and they are
much more dangerous than Edward Snowden (whom they consider a traitor but whom most Americans think did us a favor.) Snowden is in hiding in Russia. These guys are strutting around capitol hill, having much diminished it.