Posted on 06/12/2012 by marina
Welcome to Informed Comment, where I do my best to provide an independent and informed perspective on Middle Eastern and American politics.
Informed Comment is made possible by your support. If you value the information and essays, I make available and write here, please take a moment to contribute what you can.
Keep up with Informed Comment at:
Donate to Global Americana InstituteDonate to the Global Americana Institute to support the translation into Arabic of books about America.
Friends and Interlocutors:Josh Marshall | Truthdig| The Nation | DailyKos |Tomdispatch.com | Michael Hudson (MEI Singapore) | Kevin Drum (Mother Jones) | Mondoweiss | Salon.com | Think Progress | Helena Cobban | Huffingtonpost |Syria Comment | Marc Lynch | WashingtonNote | Stephen Walt | Kamil Pasha | Andrew Sullivan | George Packer | Glenn Greenwald | Read between the Lines. | Nir Rosen Napoleon's Egypt Blog
- “If you Eat a 2000 Hamburgers in the Name of Vegetarianism, You aren’t an Extremist Vegetarian”; Nabil responds to Woolwich Murder
- When Politicians promise ‘Lower Taxes’ they are promising Collapsed Bridges
- President Obama and Counter-Terrorism: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Obama: US will Continue its Targeted Killing with Drones (Woods)
- Big Oil’s Hit Men have a Contract to Whack the Earth (Engelhardt)
- Sen. Inhofe: “When a Disaster Occurs in America… Everyone … wants to pour Money on’em”
- Rafsanjani’s Exclusion from Iran’s Presidential Race a Sign of Creeping Totalitarianism
- Dear Oklahoma: We Feel for you, we love you, but do us some favors
- When Politicians promise ‘Lower Taxes’ they are promising Collapsed Bridges (3)
- President Obama and Counter-Terrorism: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (11)
- Rafsanjani’s Exclusion from Iran’s Presidential Race a Sign of Creeping Totalitarianism (14)
- bujinin: Fwiw Iran’s ayatollahs are elected by that body called the “Assembly of Experts”....
- Obama: US will Continue its Targeted Killing with Drones (Woods) (1)
- Brian: Reading about the “wide gap between US and non-governmental assessments” of civilian casualties,...