*Today I fulfilled my sad duty to Navy Lt. Kylan Jones-Huffman of putting up an archive of his email messages to me. Kylan was shot dead in al-Hilla while with the Marine expeditionary force on August 21. The archive is large (400 k) and so may load slowly for those with slow connections. I apologize in advance about that. The archive is at [Removed at request of Kylan’s family].
Posted on 08/26/2003 by Juan Cole
Welcome to Informed Comment, where I do my best to provide an independent and informed perspective on Middle Eastern and American politics.
Informed Comment is made possible by your support. If you value the information and essays, I make available and write here, please take a moment to contribute what you can.
Keep up with Informed Comment at:
Donate to Global Americana InstituteDonate to the Global Americana Institute to support the translation into Arabic of books about America.
Friends and Interlocutors:Josh Marshall | Truthdig| The Nation | DailyKos |Tomdispatch.com | Michael Hudson (MEI Singapore) | Kevin Drum (Mother Jones) | Mondoweiss | Salon.com | Think Progress | Helena Cobban | Huffingtonpost |Syria Comment | Marc Lynch | WashingtonNote | Stephen Walt | Kamil Pasha | Andrew Sullivan | George Packer | Glenn Greenwald | Read between the Lines. | Nir Rosen Napoleon's Egypt Blog
- My Visit to the Iraqi National Archives (Photo Gallery)
- “If you Eat a 2000 Hamburgers in the Name of Vegetarianism, You aren’t an Extremist Vegetarian”; Nabil responds to Woolwich Murder
- When Politicians promise ‘Lower Taxes’ they are promising Collapsed Bridges
- President Obama and Counter-Terrorism: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Obama: US will Continue its Targeted Killing with Drones (Woods)
- Big Oil’s Hit Men have a Contract to Whack the Earth (Engelhardt)
- Sen. Inhofe: “When a Disaster Occurs in America… Everyone … wants to pour Money on’em”
- Rafsanjani’s Exclusion from Iran’s Presidential Race a Sign of Creeping Totalitarianism
- President Obama and Counter-Terrorism: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (13)
- Rafsanjani’s Exclusion from Iran’s Presidential Race a Sign of Creeping Totalitarianism (16)
- butterbur: Ironic: Rafsanjani is the current Chairman of the Expediency Discernment Council, that resolves...
- “If you Eat a 2000 Hamburgers in the Name of Vegetarianism, You aren’t an Extremist Vegetarian”; Nabil responds to Woolwich Murder (1)
- john wilson: In Syria recently a child was allowed to cut of the head of a captured Syrian soldier and in another...
- Obama: US will Continue its Targeted Killing with Drones (Woods) (2)
- Mark Koroi: It would not surprise me that Yemeni casualties dying as “collateral damage” in drone attacks...
- When Politicians promise ‘Lower Taxes’ they are promising Collapsed Bridges (5)
- FR: This incident will be most likely like that of Minneapolis in 2007. Fix this particular bridge, but never mind...