Posted on 05/02/2012 by Juan Cole
Welcome to Informed Comment, where I do my best to provide an independent and informed perspective on Middle Eastern and American politics.
Informed Comment is made possible by your support. If you value the information and essays, I make available and write here, please take a moment to contribute what you can.
Keep up with Informed Comment at:
Donate to Global Americana InstituteDonate to the Global Americana Institute to support the translation into Arabic of books about America.
Friends and Interlocutors:Josh Marshall | Truthdig| The Nation | DailyKos |Tomdispatch.com | Michael Hudson (MEI Singapore) | Kevin Drum (Mother Jones) | Mondoweiss | Salon.com | Think Progress | Helena Cobban | Huffingtonpost |Syria Comment | Marc Lynch | WashingtonNote | Stephen Walt | Kamil Pasha | Andrew Sullivan | George Packer | Glenn Greenwald | Read between the Lines. | Nir Rosen Napoleon's Egypt Blog
- Media Ignores Climate Change Background of Increased Flooding (Media Matters Short)
- Checkpoint: The Every Day Life of Humiliation for Palestinians (Short Documentary)
- Taliban Attack UN Agency in Kabul, Wounding 7
- Civil Disobedience and Jail Time for Opposing Big Oil: Tim DeChristopher (Moyers Interview)
- Nice Speech on Closing Gitmo, Mr. President; but It’s still Open (Schanzer)
- My Visit to the Iraqi National Museum (Photo Gallery)
- “If you Eat a 2000 Hamburgers in the Name of Vegetarianism, You aren’t an Extremist Vegetarian”; Nabil responds to Woolwich Murder
- When Politicians promise ‘Lower Taxes’ they are promising Collapsed Bridges
- Nice Speech on Closing Gitmo, Mr. President; but It’s still Open (Schanzer) (10)
- Media Ignores Climate Change Background of Increased Flooding (Media Matters Short) (1)
- Riccardo Cabeza: So 97% of newscasters spew the republican point of view on climate change and global warming?
- Checkpoint: The Every Day Life of Humiliation for Palestinians (Short Documentary) (2)
- Carol Marie: Juan, thank you for posting this. You are one of the few people i know that keeps a clear eye and mind...
- When Politicians promise ‘Lower Taxes’ they are promising Collapsed Bridges (16)
- Alec M: I have worked in the public sector for both the state and non profits in social work all my working carreer....
- Civil Disobedience and Jail Time for Opposing Big Oil: Tim DeChristopher (Moyers Interview) (5)
- Rebecca Jones: When DeChristopher described the judge asking each of those jurors to say they would rule according to...