Children’s and teen deaths are 1979-2010; I updated number of troops killed in Iraq & Afghanistan Wars to end of 2012
Since 1979, Firearms have Killed 120,000 US Children, Many more than Troops in Vietnam or Iraq & Afghanistan Wars (Graph)
Posted on 01/13/2013 by Juan Cole
Welcome to Informed Comment, where I do my best to provide an independent and informed perspective on Middle Eastern and American politics.
Informed Comment is made possible by your support. If you value the information and essays, I make available and write here, please take a moment to contribute what you can.
Keep up with Informed Comment at:
Donate to Global Americana InstituteDonate to the Global Americana Institute to support the translation into Arabic of books about America.
Friends and Interlocutors:Josh Marshall | Truthdig| The Nation | DailyKos |Tomdispatch.com | Michael Hudson (MEI Singapore) | Kevin Drum (Mother Jones) | Mondoweiss | Salon.com | Think Progress | Helena Cobban | Huffingtonpost |Syria Comment | Marc Lynch | WashingtonNote | Stephen Walt | Kamil Pasha | Andrew Sullivan | George Packer | Glenn Greenwald | Read between the Lines. | Nir Rosen Napoleon's Egypt Blog
- Pakistan, Islam and Democracy
- Renewable Energy in Marrakech: Solar Water Pumps & More (Video)
- Tunisia and Libya take on Ansar al-Sharia Militants
- Massive Meteoroid Impact on Moon shines like Small Star (NASA Video)
- Climate Change Denial is Costing us Trillions, Threatening Farming, Fishing, Animals (Video)
- The Lotto Symbolizes the False Promises of Barracuda Capitalism, and it Won’t make you Happy to Win
- “I will Survive” the Muslim Brotherhood: Leftist Egyptian Youth Music Video
- The Great Benghazi Conspiracy and Republican Forgeries
- Tunisia and Libya take on Ansar al-Sharia Militants (4)
- The Lotto Symbolizes the False Promises of Barracuda Capitalism, and it Won’t make you Happy to Win (30)
- Climate Change Denial is Costing us Trillions, Threatening Farming, Fishing, Animals (Video) (4)