Poll Shows Bush Popularity on Iraq Plummeting
A new ABC/Washington Post poll shows the number of Americans who approve of Bush’s handling of Iraq way down.
Gary Langer tells us:
* ‘ [Bush’s] approval specifically on Iraq was 75 percent as the main fighting ended [in 2003]; it’s 39 percent now, a career low. ‘
* 70% of Americans say that the level of US casualties in Iraq is “unacceptable.”
* ‘ 53 percent, on balance, say the war was not worth fighting. ‘
* 41 percent say the Iraq war has made the US weaker in the world. Only 28 percent say it has made the US stronger. These numbers are a reversal from the year before.
* 2/3s of Americans oppose military action against Iran